PSG is current accepting applications for the following positions:
Project Manager/Assistant PM
Position Summary: Responsible for construction projects from proposal and requirements definition to project planning and implementation of projects. Ensures customer satisfaction and provides quality assurance and control. Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and work independently.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in the formulation of the overall project approach for clients.
- Works closely with architect in establishing end user programming ensuring a quality facility that functions for the client as intended.
- Manages, analyzes and validates the change order pricing and processing.
- Manages general contractor activities including start-up, incoming and outgoing RFI’s, submittal and punch list/closeout processes including all warranty documentation.
- Ensures that overall client relationship management is meeting client’s expectations.
- Establishes and maintains accurate overall project schedules. Ensures project remains on schedule.
- Establishes and maintains accurate project anticipated cost reports, and financials.
- Prioritizes paper work and submittal processes in conjunction with project schedule.
- Monitors material delivery status with the general contractor to coincide with project schedule requirements.
- Responsible for archiving of contract records in accordance with Client and PSG procedures.
- Maintains and distributes meeting minutes including item follow up as directed.
- Responsible for overall maintenance of project files.
- Responsible for building client relationships.
- Ensures overall customer service and client satisfaction.
- Timely submission of all projects man-hours and activities man-hours on PSG timesheet template.
- Manages distribution of any change documentation.
- Identifies, documents and plans to avoid risk.
- Processes paperwork setup at the beginning of project per Client and PSG standards.
- Ensures that general contractor is maintaining the quality of work in the field and provides progress or status reports to Management; escalates problems/field conditions as appropriate.
- Ensures continual communication with contractors in all work related to above duties.
- Manages closeout process in accordance with Client and PSG policies and project schedule including all warranty documentation
- Active in recruiting new qualified contractors to work for PSG’s clients.
- Responsible for timely analysis, approval and distribution of contractor change orders.
- Ensures contractor is maintaining accurate and current construction change order and submittal logs.
- Anticipates potential problems and works to avoid them or resolve them quickly before they become a larger problem. Escalates issues to Management as appropriate.
- Ensures that all required contractor documentation is accurate and within contract requirements.
- Reviews contractor pay and client vendor applications for approval.
- Reports costs to Accounting & Finance in a timely manner and ensures implemented Purchase Order process is followed.
- Produces required and on-demand project status reports for Senior Management.
Job Requirements - Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering, interior design or construction management, or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Previous construction management experience preferred.
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills.
- Proficient with MS Office, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project
- Proficient with MS Power Point a plus
- Experience with construction management software (i.e. Procore, Prolog, etc.) a plus
- Current PMP certification a plus.
- LEED Certifications a plus.
- Domestic travel required 20%.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.